Followers

Friday 7 August 2020

A Three Tier Barbie

Hi All,
Isn't it bizarre the things that we are all missing during lock down.
Silly things, quite apart from seeing family and friends.
For me it has been my Costa coffee as I travel on the train to my daughter's. It's a little fortnightly Friday afternoon ritual missing from my life.......how sad is that lol.
Well all that changed today, although to be fair I did have to wait till the end of my journey since the Costa at London Bridge was closed, but it was a much enjoyed return to normality even if I did have to wear a bloody mask to go in and buy it.
I was lucky enough to arrive in time to help with my Granddaughter Emma's 5th birthday party. Unfortunately everything that she wanted to do was off the menu due to all the lockdown rules and regulations, so Mum opted for a get together in the local park with her 'Bubble' of school friends.
At the time of organizing it my daughter's worry was 'What if it rained'. Today the problem was 'How do I keep everyone from passing out. You can't win can you lol.
Emma had given Becki strict instructions on the cake. It has to be a complete surprise Barbie cake. It had to be big, and contain a surprise in the middle. They don't want much at 5 do they!!!!
I think that Mum rose to the challenge quite admirably.
It is Barbie, and HUGE as you can see from this picture. It also weighed a ton. I can vouch for that as I had to be official cake carrier when Dad drove back to the house to collect it.
She had to spend much of today in the fridge as she was in danger of melting before anybody even got to see her, hence the need for the road trip.
She also contained a surprise filling at her centre. When cut, the cake was filled with sweeties.
All in all I think we had one very happy, but hot, little girl.
In fact we all came home and had a water pistol fight in the back garden, Mamma included (that's me by the way)
Dad of course had to go one better and got us all with the garden hose, but it was so hot that I don't think any of us minded our soaking.
I hope that you have all had a great day, and haven't been too hot.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cake.....sounds like a fun time was had by all.....belated wished to the birthday girl x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx