Followers

Sunday 16 August 2020

You are Amazing

Hi All,
We went over to Mum's this morning complete with two large carrier bags full of goodies and a bunch of flowers.
We were met by numerous bunches of flowers, and every surface filled with cards, 36 of them to be exact.
We actually had to do a little bit of flower rearranging as Mum had run out of receptacles big enough to take the huge bunch of sunflowers one of my colleagues had bought her.
More flowers from one of my Cousins here amongst the cards. 
Another Cousin sent a large hamper and a message to hope that she is not too sugar overloaded in the next few days. Add in the boxes of sweets and biscuits that several other work mates sent and I think she might be on a sugar high for the next few weeks at least.
There were even two large sets of balloons in the shape of a 90, one cleverly recycled from my sisters 60th birthday in January. A move worthy of any crafter.
I popped into work this morning for the french sticks that I had asked one of the WBCafe Girls to cook fresh for me, and my Boss gave me a huge chocolate cake to give Mum with love from everyone at the store.
Mum made a start on opening the bag of cards that we took with us, but as I suspected it was all a little overwhelming for her. She was thrilled at the generosity of everyone but of course I had to try and explain who people were, so I have left her to open some more tonight if she feels up to it and then I will explain each one when I go back tomorrow with my youngest daughter and her children.
BTW in case you were wondering, the bag contained an amazing 97 cards, so that gives a grand total of 133 cards so far.
I say so far, because our postal deliveries have been a little intermittent over the last few days so I am sure that there will be a few more cards to arrive. I will keep you up to date with the final tally.
Once again I would just like to say how amazing you have all been in helping to make my Mum's day soooo special. Thank you so very much.
A huge hug to you all,
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx