Followers

Monday 22 June 2020

Dancing Opal Blaze Beetle

Evening Everyone,
Is it really only Monday, I feel like I have worked a whole week already, I'm shattered.
Not too tired to catch up with Gwen on Create and Craft though, where she has been demonstrating with the fabulous Cosmic Shimmer Opal Blaze Touch Tips.
Being part of the Creative Expressions DT has lots of benefits, not least of which is playing with new products before they hit the shops.
They were part of my goodie box for this month, so when we got an urgent plea for a sample to show them off at launch I eagerly obliged.
I chose to use one of Francoise amazing new bug stamps that I had treated myself to.
It reminds me of my school days, where we had to draw and colour pictures of some of the fabulous treasures found in Tutankhamun tomb.
As I have told you before I never know what I am going to make until I start to play so photographing steps at the same time as making a card is not always possible, it is also very time consuming.
So you may notice some very slight colour changes in the two cards above as I got one in the post rather quickly for the launch, and then remade it taking step by step photos.
I must confess that I did give my Mum a sneaky peek of it before it made it into the postbox. I miss popping over to see her once a week and sharing some of the cards that I have made. 
On this occasion it just worked out nicely that I was having a socially distanced visit to her on the way to the post office. She absolutely loved it so I think that I might adapt the card for her 90th birthday this year.  Not that she ever seems to dislike the things that I show her, or maybe she is just being a nice Mum and never admits it. She was particularly keen on this one though. The sparkle from the Opal Polish is amazing, which of course doesn't show up terribly well in the photographs. 
I can see a few more of these finding their way into my shopping basket sometime soon lol.
Have a great evening and stay safe.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx