Followers

Wednesday 25 March 2020

30 day Craft Challenge at Creative Expressions - Day 1 Butterfly

Afternoon Everyone,
Another glorious day with beautiful clear blue skies. Let's hope that it continues for a while as it definitely lifts the spirits.
We have some fabulous fun starting today over at  Creative Expressions  where they have announced that they are starting a 30 day Craft challenge.
Today is Day 1 so they are looking for Butterflies.
Interpret each day's challenge as you wish and share your makes using #CECraftChallenge
Dig out your craft stash and use your Creative Expressions, Cosmic Shimmer, Woodware, Pink Ink Designs, Paper Boutique, Paper Tree, Ranger and Spellbinder products!
As I am lucky enough to make samples for Creative Expressions using Woodware stamps, I thought that the first thing I would do was search through my huge stash of cards to see if I had anything that fitted the bill.
This card was made last year while I was at SirStampalot.
We did a class using Mica Powders for a Mica Removal Technique inspired by something that I found on Sue Wilson's blog.
I actually used a stamp designed by Francoise Read for a change. This one is called Vintage Swallowtail. The butterfly image got a little bit lost in the background so I decided to 3D a fussy cut image over the top.
Another card made using the same stamp, only this time I used an embossing folder in the background.
I confess that it is a Tim Holtz one, so I hope that I will be forgiven for that lol.
The diecut sentiments on both cards are available through Creative Expressions.
I hope that you will join us for this fun challenge. It's been nice to have something to focus on as my mojo has been on a bit of a go slow just lately.
Stay safe, and happy crafting.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful! Those backgrounds are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kim. The butterfly is beautiful. Take care and have a lovely creative weekend, at least we can still keep crafting. Hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx