Followers

Sunday 11 December 2022

Countdown to Christmas - Day 11

Evening,

There is the real feel of Christmas in the air today.

We started the day with a walk to the village after a very heavy frost.





There is something really magical about nature in the winter. We spent a lot of time marveling at the frost on the leaves and trees, and finding the most amazing spiders webs.
After some shopping and a hot chocolate we came home and I was tasked with keeping the kids entertained while Mum and Dad sorted out some Christmas wrapping and putting up the decorations.

Chloe nearly dragged me down the stairs in her eagerness to show me the tree, her little face was a picture of sheer delight and wonder.

And then this evening the ultimate in any Christmas fantasy.........snow.
The children insisted on going out in it for a snowball fight with Mum, while Daddy ran a nice warm bath. The perfect round up to the day.
I was supposed to be going home tomorrow, but as it looks likely that Jack's Nursery school will be shut due to the weather, I am going to stay for another night. Mum and the Girls can walk in to school so long as it stays open but Jack is not so fortunate. Still another day with them all can hardly be seen as a hardship, and I know that Mum is all set up and can manage without me for an extra day. But you won't get me out there for a snowball fight I'm afraid. I'm always terrified of falling over.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx