Followers

Sunday 4 December 2022

Countdown to Christmas Days 3/4

Evening All,

Sorry I missed a day in my Countdown to Christmas, but I have just amazed myself! I have finished writing most of my Christmas cards. Those of you that know me well will know that this is nothing short of a miracle. There definitely seems to be an upside to this retirement lark lol.

I also got smart with the postage as well. Every time I have needed to put cards in the post over the past year, I have bought a book of 6 or 12 stamps. It hasn't mattered how many cards I need to send be it 1 or 12, I still buy a book which means that I have had more than enough to send all my cards without it costing me a small fortune all at once. You don't notice it so much a few extra pounds at a time. I will definitely be doing that again next year as it really helps.

My cards tonight are made using a fabulous set of layering stencils that I purchased earlier in the year from Taylored Expressions.
They are called Create in Quads Layering Stencils and they enable you to create 4 cards in one go.
I liked the samples that one of their DT had done using Kraft card,
so, I decided to recreate them using sentiments and dies from my stash.
I will definitely make a few more of these for next year. I will need to; my Christmas card box is virtually empty now so I will need to replenish it.
I try to make a few cards each month throughout the year so that it isn't such a mad panic when Christmas creeps up on us, like it does every year :O)
I may have got most of my cards done, but now I have to work on teachers presents for my daughter, so I had better get some sleep.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and Crafty Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx