Followers

Monday 26 December 2022

Happy Boxing Day

Evening,

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas.

I joined a carers group shortly after starting to look after Mum. We meet up once a month for a well earned break, coffee and a chat. There are always useful tips to be learned from one another, and a hug to be given, or received, if you are having a hard time.

As this was the last meeting before Christmas we were given homework......to do something completely selfish. Something just for yourself over the festive period. 

I stayed with my daughter, Sin-in-law and the youngest grandchildren. We had a fabulous Christmas morning with all the usual traditions, and then they went to Becki's fathers for Christmas Dinner. 

This gave me the perfect opportunity to do my homework, so I put on It's a Wonderful Life, a favourite Christmas film, painted my nails and then spent the rest of the evening watching what I wanted on the box and doing my cross stitch. All in all the perfect way to spend the day., and tick the homework box lol.

There comes a point with the Grandchildren, where much as I hate it, I resort to giving them money for Christmas, and this year was no exception. 

Despite it being what they have asked for, it always feels like you have put very little thought into your gift, so I created these wallets to put the money into. It at least showed that I had made an effort.

They were created using a Sizzix die, some Christmas papers and a handmade poinsettia. 

They were greeted with gaps of delight and WOW from the littlies at least so it was a job well done.

Thanks for stopping by.

Love and crafty hugs

Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx