Followers

Friday 7 May 2021

Dragonfly Dreaming

Happy Friday........thank goodness.

I hope that you are going to manage a nice crafty weekend. I'm going to try since I have so much to get done.

Traci at Creative Expressions recently asked me to make a card using the Designer Boutique stamp Dragonfly Delight and write Step by Step instructions to go with it.
I was going to share them here, but if you sign up to the Creative Expressions newsletter by following the link Blooming Lovely! - Creative Expressions (creative-expressions.uk.com) you will be able to see all the beautiful products that are available as well as getting access to several inspirational projects with more to follow.
It's almost impossible to make a card with all these fabulous inky products, without ending up with several bits of mop up background. So of course I just had to use them up.
I stamped and embossed the dragonfly image onto a piece of mop up background and then made inks out of several colours of shimmer shaker by adding a little water to the powder to create a paint.
I created a double  faux stitched border around the image using a ruler and black micron pen.
Once again I stamped and embossed the image onto a piece of mop up background and coloured it with the same colours of Shimmer Shakers used in the first card. I also used a die to emboss the oval at the center of the panel which I then highlighted with a black micron pen.
This last card uses up a scrap of the stamped image that I found on my desk along with a fussy cut dragonfly and another piece of mop up background. I told you I could never throw anything away lol.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.
Stay safe and hugs 
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. This must surely be some of your finest work...... and that would be saying something Kim. Just glorious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx