Followers

Friday 17 July 2020

Happy Birthday to CIA and SAS

Evening All
Today, or what's left of it, is the Twins birthday, the CIA (Ciaran) and SAS (Saskia) of the title. They are 13.
I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. It only seems like yesterday that they were born and I was picking up big sister Megan from school with little brother Reece in tow.
It was pouring with rain, one of those flash flood situations, where the water came up over the little ones wellie boots and even the buggy seat. In fact we were so soaked that we came home and got straight into a nice hot shower.
Nothing like that today, it's been a scorcher.
I had a couple of images left over from the card I made for Megan in May, so I decided to use them for Saskia's card. After all she is a little mini Megan so it seems highly appropriate.
The background to the main card was created from a piece of kitchen paper that I used to mop up excess ink when I was playing last week.
 Once dry I stuck it to a sheet of DSST and rubbed over it with a little gold gilding wax,
which picks up all the wrinkles in the paper.
The background was too pretty to hide so I die cut a panel from the centre of it, where it would be hidden under the stamped panel and fussy cut LOTV image,
 and used it for this second card.
I don't like to waste things as you know, and this paper is just far to pretty to waste.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx