Followers

Sunday 26 July 2020

Potter numbers 1,2,and 3

Evening Everyone,
My family are convinced that I am the only person left on the planet who hasn't watched a Harry Potter film.
My littlest Grandchildren changed all of that over the weekend, when we managed to watch the first couple of 'Potters' as Chloe calls them.
I loved all the postal owls in the first film, so I thought that it made the perfect opportunity to share a card that I made a while ago using an owl stamp designed by Jane Gill for Woodware.
I stamped and embossed the owl onto a piece of watercolour cardstock and dropped colour onto it having made the card stock very wet.
Once it was dry I added more colour to specific parts of the image.
The background is a piece of 'Bleedin Art Tissue' stuck onto DSST and then highlighted with gold gilding wax.
I added some black die cut branches and a few fussy cut stamped leaves.
Emma and I stayed at home while Mum did the shopping with the little ones this afternoon so I managed a third Potter. I am now cool according to Saskia, one of my older Grandchildren, although she did feel that I should have watched Mulan which has always been our go to babysitting movie.
Isn't it funny how little traditions stick in kids minds even when they grow up. It's lovely that they have fond memories of our time spent watching the film eating ice cream and chocolate.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx