Followers

Friday 8 May 2020

Happy VE Day

Evening Everyone,
What a glorious day it has been for all the fabulous socially distanced street parties to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day.
I've been trying to find something suitable to post today, so here is a card that I made a while ago using a lovely poppy image. Lest We Forget.
The background was created during a class on Alcohol inks, Alcohol Lift inkpad and Yupo.
I was showing The Girls how you could reuse the Yupo numerous times to create a background from which to 'lift' an image.
After everyone had used the same piece of yupo and ink colours I was left with a rather dark piece which I had also used to show them how to add foils to.
I decided to cut into the card using a Tim Holtz corner die and then added the stamped, embossed and coloured poppy image. Fortunately it has a co-ordinating die which made cutting it out so much easier.
I also added a die cut sentiment with shadowed background.
I also found another poppy card, this time using a stamp designed by Francoise for Woodware.
I love working with Alcohol inks, but trying to photograph glossy cardstock is a right pain. I have a small light box, but I can never seem to get the angles right so that the strip light in the top of the box doesn't show up.
Enjoy your parties and raised glasses over the garden fence, but please stay safe and follow the rules.
Have a great weekend.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx