Followers

Friday 1 May 2020

Happy Birthday Megan


Morning Everyone,
It's amazing what I forgot I had, in my not inconsiderable stash.
I was reminded of this on Wednesday when I was watching Gordon from beCreative  demoing on Create and Craft.
Today is a very special young ladies 20th Birthday.
Now I knew what image I was going to use for her card a long time ago.
Megan is not a 'flowery' Girl, as I was reminded last year, when a conversation with her prompted a very last minute change of plans for her card. So as soon as I saw this image from LOTV I knew that it was perfect, down to the long hair, and tiny waist lol.
Finding the image was fine, but how was I going to turn her in to a card, and that's when I remembered the stunning butterfly background stamp.
I created a piece of background paper using my Gelli Plate, Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink and  Dots and Spots Grunge background stamp from Clarity.

I stamped the 7x7 Butterfly Splash Background onto this using a combination of Hickory Smoke and Black Soot DO inks. This is where a Stamp Platform of some description comes in very handy. It enables you to stamp the image using a variety of colours, one at a time.
I embossed the stamped image with a combination of gold and platinum embossing powders.
Some sentiments completed the card.
I had a strip of the gelli plate background left over so I stamped the Butterfly background onto it and embossed it using a combination of platinum, gold and silver embossing powders.
I stamped the Butterflies again onto a piece of mixed media card using a combination of Hickory Smoke and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks and embossed with clear powder.
I matte and layered both the strip and main panel onto black card and then placed the thin panel directly over the main image, making sure to line them up.
Sentiments matte and layered on black and then added using silicon gel complete this second card.
It will be a strange birthday celebration today. It is also my Mum and Dad's wedding Anniversary. It would have been 70 years this year and of course I won't be able to visit her.
Megan was actually born the morning of their Golden Anniversary and attended their party at a few hours old. She's been a bit of a party girl ever since lol.
Have a great day, stay safe and craft.
Happy hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx