Followers

Wednesday 27 May 2020

A Passion for Stamping

Evening Everyone,
Many years ago I was lucky enough to be asked to write a book on Rubber Stamping for Search Press in their Passion For Paper Craft series.
I included various techniques, with step by step instructions, including a chapter on Decorative Chalks.
 This card was based on that particular technique and is used in the book itself.
It uses some fabulous old Hero Arts stamps and a different colourway from the step by step one in the book. I also added mattes,layers and tags.
This is the card that was actually made for the book. I had to prepare all the steps for photography and then be the hand model for all the shots. I remember spending a couple of days in a very hot photography studio on some of the warmest days of that particular year.
Orange is not usually a colour that I choose very often, but I do love the softness that you get with the chalks. I liked it so much that I chose the chalked cards for the cover of the book.
I can't believe that the book was published in 2006, it doesn't seem that long. The sad thing is that I still have most of the cards from it in my card stash. 
I can't quite bring myself to send them to anyone, except a few special people that I know would really appreciate them that is.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Kim! I've still got this book. I think it was one of the first card making books I bought when I decided to give it a go. Very inspiring. I can't believe it was 2006 either, that's a long time ago. I really must get it out again. Wishing you a lovely creative week Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this book second hand in 2009 on a day out at Culzean Castle to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. One of the best stamping technique books around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kind of you to say so Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx