Followers

Thursday 21 May 2020

A Little Gesture of Appreciation

Hi All,
I love making cards, and have been making them for years. I have boxes of them stashed away ready for an appropriate occasion.
In my job at the BP petrol station I meet literally hundreds of people, many of whom become regulars, and indeed friends, and if in the course of a brief conversation I find out the date of a birth, birthday, or anniversary, it goes straight into my planner so that I can give them a card to celebrate. Not only do I love making them, I love giving them too.
A couple of days ago one of our regulars (who I had not seen for ages due to the Covid restrictions) came in with her husband wearing a big badge celebrating his 70th birthday.
He went straight into my planner even though I wasn't sure of his name......Lady Vicar's husband lol.
I took a card with me to work the following day, and by happy accident I saw his wife today and passed it to her with apologies for the absence of a name on the envelope.
Imagine my surprise when I receive a phone call from her this afternoon thanking me for making her husbands day. He was thrilled to get his card and insisted that she phone me to say thank you.
I don't do it to be thanked, I do it because I can, and I hope that it might in some small way brighten someone's day.
It is however always nice to know that your gesture, however small, has bought a smile to someone's face.
So here is a virtual card for everyone,
made using one of Jane's lovely new Build a Flower style stamp sets.
I stamped my fantasy flower onto black card stock, using a white inkpad, and then coloured over the top of the image with watercolour pencils and afterwards a damp paintbrush..
I trimmed around the right hand side of the panel and layered it over white cardstock using some foam to give it dimension.
I figure that the sentiment is rather perfect to send to you all, in a virtual way at least.
Stay safe and craft, and spread a little bit of joy with one of your creations.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx