Followers

Thursday 16 September 2021

Mop Up with Bubble Blooms

Evening All,

More tree wrapping this afternoon, and more stupid comments about keeping them warm, along with the benches that we are also wrapping with knitting.

To be fair there were also some nice complimentary comments and plenty of interest, and even a couple of donations to the charity tin that we always carry in our basket along with secateurs, needles, wool, scissors and other important essential items.

Here are another couple of cards made using one of Jane's fabulous new Bubble stamps which launched this week.
This time I have used JGS794 Bubble Bloom Trinny.
I do love a mop up background as you know.
Here I used a piece of watercolour card to mop up my inks so there is a little added texture in the background.
Some of the 'bubbles' have been painted with bleach to remove the colour.
Here are another couple of cards, this time using a white embossed image and Distress Inks.
I used the same colours - Prize Ribbon, Crushed Olive and Mermaid Lagoon on each of the samples,
but it is amazing how different they all look.
I have added glossy accents, and a very thin die cut frame to the last two cards.
I have also added some Snow and Ice Lustre Polish to the dry embossed background panels on each of the cards.
I have an old Sparkle Pen with a really nice brush nib which has run out of sparkle, so I now use it as a waterbrush. Each time I refill it with water it reactivates the small amount of sparkle left in the barrel to give just a hint of it to my painting.
You see us crafters never like to waste anything lol.
Another early night I think. I may not have made it to the gym this week, but bending and stretching while wrapping trees and benches has definitely given me a bit of a workout...........and I'm shattered.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx