Followers

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Chalked Vellum

Evening All,

And so the madness continues! We had a delivery of fuel yesterday afternoon, just before I left work. They were queueing both sides of the road from the moment the tanker pulled onto the forecourt, and continued throughout the night until we ran out at about 11am. That would normally last nearly a week...........not less than a day!!!!!

I spent the first three hours of my shift directing traffic and trying to reduce the size of the queues, since then, the phone has been ringing off the hook with people asking whether or not we have fuel, and when our next delivery will be. They have also been driving on and off the forecourt, even though there is a huge sign at the entrance telling them that we have none. I have no idea when our next delivery is, so I expect I will spend the day tomorrow answering the same questions.

Here are a couple more chalked cards, this time using vellum.
I wrapped the stamped, embossed and coloured panel around a piece of cardstock,
before layering it over a dry embossed panel, coloured with decorating chalks.
I stamped the vellum and then added chalks to the images,
before adding a large stamped and embossed sentiment.
I folded the vellum over the top and bottom of the card and attached it with DSST on the inside which is easy to hide with an insert.
I have given any sort of travel a miss this week and will continue with that strategy until this nonsense with the fuel resolves itself. This means that I haven't made it to the gym, but the thought of sitting on a bus for a couple of hours for a journey that normally takes about 20 minutes is not one I care to experience...........Yes the queues really are that bad!!
I haven't been totally inactive though. My Fitbit told me that I had completed 10,000 steps by about 9.30 this morning. Not what I expect on a normal day, I'm lucky if I reach that figure until well into the afternoon, and it usually involves a 30 minute session on the treadmill.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx