Followers

Wednesday 5 February 2020

More Wrapped Notebooks

Evening Everyone,
I've managed to finish the rest of the Notebooks that I started last week in class using the Eileen Hull Wrapped Notebook die.
This one was made using a couple of layers of kraftcard and a woodgrain embossing folder and then embellished with Tim Holtz diecut elements.
This one was made in the same way and then I added a die cut of trees and deer that I found in my bits box.
I added plenty of acrylic paints and a bit of gilding wax.
This one is made from mount board and more acrylic paint. I do find the kraftcard easier to work with since I found that the mount board seems to crack along the folds...…..unless I'm doing something wrong that is.
I'm on a mission to use up bits and pieces that I have already cut out, so this is a diecut peacock using a freebie off a magazine.
I filled my books with card or paper pages cut out using the Eileen Hull Passport die.
This time I have used some threads to attach my pages and hold my books closed.
Its actually wool although it looks and feels far more like thin ribbon.
I think perhaps I might add a few beads to the ties, if I can find any with a big enough hole in them that is.
Of course I couldn't throw anything away so I made a card out of the stencil that I created for my first book and a few more die cut leaves and flowers. This includes the ones that I cut out of foam and used to stamp on the book pages.
I have really enjoyed making these, so I'm not sure how good I will be at giving them away :O)
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Great journals, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo.. love these.. need to make some.. just on the look for some real leather to make it.. WIP... thanks for the answer on the technique.. I've seen the technique (or actually the samples) through Raqueal, but your samples made me be interested in the technique itself. ... beauties...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx