Followers

Friday 31 January 2020

A Memory Book

Evening Everyone,
I have just spent the most enjoyable day prepping for my class tomorrow.
We are making books using the wonderful Sizzix Wrapped Notebook Die designed by Eileen Hull.
 I saw it on Hochanda some time last year and just had to have it,
but haven't had the chance to play till now.
Oh boy, have I had fun. I can see lots of people getting these as present.
I also have the Passport Journal die which cuts pages that perfectly fit the Wrapped Journal.
I die cut some more of the flower and foliage images that I used on the front only this time out of funky foam,
and used them to stamp on the pages using Distress Oxide inks.
It just gives the pages a little extra interest.
This is very Mixed Media for me.
I added some texture paste to the front through a stencil cut from card using a Tim Holtz die and then added a little Gilding Wax. 
I used elastic to fit the pages into the journal, and also as a means of closure.
I'm not sure that it will stand up to being carried around in a handbag, but it will definitely make a good place to keep lists so I think that I will make one as a notebook tomorrow.
I hope that 'The Girls' will enjoy themselves as much as I have.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx 

2 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this, you utterly clever lady. Biggest hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I hope you have a great class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx