Followers

Wednesday 8 January 2020

A Highlight from 2019 - Alcohol Ink Blending

Evening Everyone,
One of the things that I have been working on during my enforced sit down, is trying to sort through a mountain of card photos so that I can blog some of them.
A favourite highlight from 2019 was being introduced to the Alcohol Ink Lift pad and Yupo paper which resulted in a wonderful reacquaintance with all things alcohol ink.
Just one of the techniques that I explored was the use of the Alcohol blending pen.
Ink from a prepared piece of alcohol ink background can be lifted from the stamped image, and then another image can be coloured in using this ink.
This is a wonderfully relaxing technique, although one of the things that I did learn about Yupo/Graffixart Craft Plastic is that it is not always the easiest thing to heat emboss.
In my previous post from September a friend asked what I did with the shrivelled plastic. The answer is that I covered it up with another stamped and coloured image and a bit of fussy cutting.
It was just too pretty to throw away.
The beauty of this technique is that you don't need a huge piece of alcohol inked background to colour with. Even a narrow strip trimmed from an image will give you enough usable ink.
Off to bed now, I need to rest my numb bum lol.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx