Followers

Monday 20 January 2020

I tried the Black Gesso

Evening Everyone,
I had a very productive Sunday, finishing off quite a few bits and pieces including playing with the Distress Oxide and Stencil Resist technique only this time using black gesso.
I brayered black gesso onto a piece of cardstock and let it dry before adding several colours of Distress Oxide ink.
Because the Oxides are a combination of dye and pigment inks they will colour over the top of the black gesso.
It's quite subtle, but at least you can see it which you wouldn't using just the standard distress inks.
As with the cards yesterday I ran the piece of card through an embossing machine with a rubber/silicon mat and a stencil and then removed some of the ink only this time I left the stencil in place while I gently rubbed it with a damp baby wipe.
Because there wasn't a huge contrast in colour I decided to highlight the image using a versamark pad and clear embossing powder. Again I applied the versamark ink with the stencil still in place.
This card uses a variety of diecuts over a lovely gessoed background.
 I think that this is probably one of my favourite cards, if you are allowed favourites that is.
I stamped over the gessoed background in grey ink before running it through the embossing machine on this card.
I added stamped and embossed flowers over the top of the background images having first done a little fussy cutting.
As you know I hate throwing even the tiniest of scraps away so this card was made with some trimmings and a fussy cut flower.
This piece of card did not have gesso on it before the inking so it is mach darker in colour and the stencilled image doesn't show up very well.
I should have added a shim when embossing this piece of card (stencils come in a variety of thicknesses) so I added some gilding wax to highlight the image.
I used a large die cut sentiment,
and some funky foam to add dimension to this card.
Same colours as the previous card, just gessoed card stock so the colours are much more subtle,
and the baby wipe takes away the colour from the raised portions of the embossed background.
And this one is inspired by the colour combo that Michele came up with in class. She is definitely a purple girl and usually only deals with one colour at a time so this is definitely a departure from the norm for her. I also added the gesso after I has embossed the card which gives a different finished result.
I have to say that her background was much paler than this, which I think I probably prefer but I loved the colours that she chose so I just had to give it a try.
I actually got a little fresh air today. My Gym Buddy came and picked me and we went out for a coffee. So nice to see a different set of surrounds. Of course I'm paying for it tonight, but it was well worth it.
Hope you had a good day too. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. You've done it again you utterly clever lady, these cards are stunning. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx