Followers

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Happy Birthday Jenni

Evening,

What a difference some years can make to the weather. This day 43 years ago we had thick snow on the ground. It was the day my eldest daughter was born. My Dad had driven us to the hospital during a blizzard the day before (Valentines Day).

Jenni arrived early in the morning of the 15th and due to the thickness of the snow her Dad couldn't get home from the hospital so the nurses pushed a couple of chairs together in a side room for him to get a couple of hours sleep before braving the elements. I can't imagine that happening in this day and age, mores the pity.

I have already shared her birthday card, so here are a couple of birthday cards made using a fabulous floral stencil from Imagination. 
I created a panel for the base of the card using stencil medium and ink. I also created a second panel and fussy cut some of the flowers to add to the main body of the card around the sentiment.
The second card uses the same stencil, some inks and tiny glass beads.
I also added some die cut sentiments.
Let's hope that we stick with the weather that we have at the moment and don't try to copy it from all those years ago. I can certainly live with out the white stuff thank you very much lol.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx


1 comment:

  1. Hope yesterday was a good one for you both. Although we don't see a lot of snow here it was late in February that we had snow last year so it might still arrive, probably because we're having new windows at the end of the month so we'll see. Sorry! by the way I love the new cards! Have a lovely creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx