Followers

Thursday 22 October 2020

Thinking of You

 Evening,

Unfortunately I have need of yet another 'Thinking of You' card as one of the boys at work lost his Mum last night.


She is in India so I'm not sure whether he will be able to get back for services. 
How awful it must be to have family so far away. I find it hard enough that my youngest daughter and the littlest Grandchildren are in Kent and that's just down the road compared to the other side of the world.
I made this card using one of the fabulous Designer Boutique stamps from Creative Expressions.
I'm always a sucker for an Agapanthus stamp, I have several of them.
I stamped and embossed the image on to a piece of handmade inky background.
The background to the main card is made from a piece of rice paper that I keep on my desk for mopping up any left over inks. Once it is dry I add it to a sticker sheet so that I can use it on a card. 
I also added some stamping and a little gilding wax which highlights all the wrinkles in the paper.
I need to get to bed now since I have to be at work at stupid o'clock tomorrow to cover for my grieving colleague.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. It's a sad time. When my father died in April he was only in the town hospital near where my mum lives but sadly we couldn't be there for him, so near yet so far. So I know how he must be feeling. Take care, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx