Followers

Monday 19 October 2020

Quite a Hoard

 Evening,

One of the many wonderful advantages to being a member of the Creative Expressions Design Team, is all the fabulous new products that arrive each month for me to play with.

And one of the major disadvantages, is trying to find space for it all in an already jam packed craft room/bedroom.

I have been struggling creatively just recently and so I decided that I would try and get it back by sorting through a whole heap of magazines that I have acquired over the last 25 years!!

I'm a bit of a pack rat I know, so I have about 20 folders full of American and Australian magazines, the only ones available at the time, neatly lined up on the top of my Billy Units. There are probably another 20 safely stowed in a very large storage box under the bed.

I have been saving these magazines since I started stamping way back in the mid 1990s, so going through them has been a bit of a revelation.

It's amazing how simplistic some of the stuff is, and how cool we thought that it was at the time.

And of course just like fashion things keep coming around, so I have been reminded of so many ideas and techniques that have been 'new' on more than one occasion.

I'm not sure that my mojo has returned, but I have managed to clear a bit of space and reorganize a few bits, so it's a start I suppose.

Onwards and upwards. Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Kimx


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim funnily I'm trying to do the same thing and it's very hard to throw anything away so what I've done with some of them is taken out the stuff I really like and file them in a folder, one with ideas and one with techniques. I must say it was interesting though looking at some of the adverts and seeing companies that are now gone sadly. Can't do this with the Stampington ones though, just got to keep those Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx