Followers

Thursday 2 April 2020

Creative Expressions 30 Day Challenge - Day 9 Resist

Afternoon All,
It's Day 9 of the Creative Expressions 30 Day Challenge, and today they are looking for Resist.
I have to say that it is among my favourite stamping techniques.
Here I have stamped and embossed with white embossing powder onto watercolour card stock.
I have then spritzed the card with water and flooded it with Pixie Powders.
I have tried to be fairly specific with the placement of the colours and then I've used a paintbrush to move the resulting paint around the image.
The white embossing acts as a resist to the paint and the beautiful poinsettia image 'pops' through. I stamped and embossed down the edge of the green card and then painted the image with thin undiluted bleach which turned the card a beautiful turquoise.
The stamp that I used down the edge of the previous card Foliage Corner was used on these next two.
I stamped and embossed a piece of mop up background and then painted the images before adding a sentiment.
My final card for today once again uses the beautiful Poinsettia background Poinsettia Lace designed by Jane Gill.
I hope that you are enjoying the fun challenges that Creative Expressions have been running. I don't know about you but I am finding it a welcome distraction, and a great way of sharing some of the cards that I have made over the years.
On the subject of Christmas cards, I have just taken receipt of Jane's new Christmas designs, so guess what I will be up to over the next couple of weeks :O)
Have a great evening.
Stay safe and a big virtual hug
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I am guessing that the pink flowers are the poinsettia stamp but in that colour look more like lilies. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx