Followers

Friday 24 April 2020

What a Strange World

What a strange World we are living in at the moment.
What with social distancing and queuing to get into shops, being allowed out to get exercise once a day, and no haircuts and coffee shops.
I am one of the lucky ones, if you can look at it like that, because at least I still have a job, and one that is considered important no less.
I have gone from being one of the lowest of the low, to someone who is actually needed to help keep the country running. I am of course nowhere near as important as all the fantastic people that work for the NHS, that are helping to keep people alive.
Most of my family are furloughed (that's a new one for the vocabulary), and the children no longer attend school. It is going to be very hard for everyone to get 'back to normal', whatever, and whenever that is going to be.
The worse part, for me at least, is not being able to see the littlest Grandchildren. I'm lucky enough to live with the 4 oldest ones, but it seems ages since I had a sleepover, and had my 'bestie' follow me around. Every time I see them on facetime, or whatever it is called, they seem to have grown so big. I do get daily pictures, but it's not quite the same. It is difficult to phone too often as Mum tells me that they get very upset afterwards. It is hard for a 1, 2 and 4 year old to understand why 'Mamma can't come to stay', they must feel like they are being punished, I certainly do.
One of the many amazing things that has come out of all of this, is the friendliness of our wonderful crafty community.
Amongst lots of other things the fabulous people over at Creative Expressions decided to start a 30 day Crafty Challenge, just for fun.
I have several boxes of cards that I have made over the years, so I decided that I would try and use some of them, rather that make anything new. Amazingly I managed to find something that worked for every challenge but one, and shared a total of 107 cards with you all.
I wish I could say that it has made a dent in those boxes, but there are still plenty more to come.
Another thing that has remained a constant has been Mother Nature, who has continued her seasonal marvels regardless of what has been going on in the world.
So no card tonight, just a not very good photo of some bluebells that I saw on my walk yesterday. Stay safe everyone, and thanks for letting me ramble on.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx