Followers

Thursday 3 December 2020

A Sunny Sunflower

 Afternoon,

What is it they say, be careful what you wish for?

I said that I preferred the rain, and lo and behold that is exactly what we got today, and plenty of it too. Never mind, it did seem to make it a little warmer at work, if only marginally.

In a bid to make things feel a little sunnier here are a couple of cards that I made using a fabulous half sunflower stencil from Hunkydory.
I sponged through the stencil using Distress Inks and then stamped a script stamp over the top with the stencil still in place. Being plastic the ink won't dry on it so be careful when you remove it. Clean the stencil up and then position it to form the other side of the sunflower and repeat the process.
This card just uses the half sunflower and the same sponged and stamped technique.
I completed both cards with a large sentiment from Woodware.
This final card uses the same stencil, only this time I drew round the image with a fine micron pen and then did some very basic doodling inside the petals.
I added some dots of glossy accents to the flower center,
and finished things off with a die cut sentiment.
Stencils are such an underrated product and can be used in loads of different ways, so why not give them a try.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx