Followers

Friday 31 December 2021

Day 31 - New Years Eve

Hi All

I have always struggled with New Years Eve, not being much of a party animal, but it became even harder 20 years ago when I lost my son Adam.

Where on earth has that time gone to. It doesn't seem possible.

He would have loved all his nieces and nephews. He didn't do much, (he was like a 6 week old baby even though he was 20 when he died) but his little face used to light up when Megan, who is now nearly 22, used to sit with him. He had a hoist to get him from his chair to his bed, and she often went 'flying' with him. Not that she remembers it now of course which is such a shame.

He may not have met any of the others (Reece 19, Saskia and Ciaran 14, Emma 6, Chloe 4 and Jack 2), nor they him, but we always talk about him, particularly at this time of year, and there are pictures of him around the houses, so he is never forgotten.

Adam and Becki
Adam, Jenni and Becki
Becki, Adam and Jenni


We will light a candle for him today, as we always do, and remember all the good times.

We will also raise a glass (of squash in my case) to all absent friends and relatives, as we wish you all a very Happy New Year.

Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking about you too. Thanks for the lovely card and the letter, I enjoyed reading it. Lets hope next year will get better than this one. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx