Followers

Saturday 19 November 2011

More Traditional Christmas for the Woodware challenge

M0447 Christmas Botanical Tile
As I told you yesterday I got a little carried away when I started making a card to enter into this weeks Woodware Challenge.
I just love this Magenta stamp, it so obviously lends itself to colouring in  and so here I stamped and embossed the image onto green card stock and then painted it with thin undiluted bleach.
Once the bleach is dry (you can give it a blast of heat from a heat gun if necessary), paint the image with distress inks. The bleach will have taken the colour out of the card and allow the inks to retain their true colours. Remember not all card stock will bleach so you need to experiment a little.
The panel on this second card has been created in exactly the same way but I only painted the holly leaves.
The berries have had glossy accents added to them as well as some small pearls on the border strip which has been created with a Martha Stewart punch.
This third card has been created using the same bleaching technique only this time I have not added any further colour.
I added a little gold ink around the edge of the panel before mounting it onto black glossy card stock.
For this final card I have only used part of the stamp as the main focus. Once again I have decoupaged this using scraps of red and green card. 
The background for the card has been created by stamping the image several times onto glossy card stock using a versamark ink pad, and then sponging dye based ink over it. This is called a Resist technique, and here I have then cover the entire panel in clear embossing powder to give it an embossed, shiny finish.
Today saw my first Saturday class at Davina's, it seemed so strange to have to shut out the sunshine when it is normally dark when I teach there lol.
Everyone enjoyed themselves I think, and were truly amazed at just how much stock can be kept in a kitchen. Davina runs the shop from her house and obviously has a very understanding husband.
We have decided that as of next month we will be running a monthly challenge using the Woodware sketch. The ladies will have two chances of winning since we will send pictures of their cards to Dorothy so that they can be entered in to the on line challenge and then Davina and I will choose a winner from their cards at the end of the month.
It will be nice not to be the only one entering the challenge for a change lol.
Oh dear look at the time, better get to bed.
Nite nite
Hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kim you've been busy I really like the looks you've created with the bleach. I might have to give the technique a go.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your creations are always so lovely. I can't get over your inventiveness! So inspiring! how inspiring it is to see one image shown in so many different ways. Thank you!!

    love, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely, I hope that you send some of them and don't just keep them in your stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx