Followers

Friday 18 November 2011

Woodware Challenge - Traditional Christmas

Afternoon All
This week the challenge over at Woodware is Traditional Christmas. Now for me, like Dorothy at Woodware, Traditional Christmas just has to be Red and Green, and of course there is nothing more traditionally Christmassy than a nice red Poinsettia.
The one I have used here is a stamp by Magenta Christmas Botanical Tile M0447, and is a real favourite of mine. In fact this has taken me a week to post as I got a bit carried away and ended up making 7 cards !!!!!
I think that I will split them over a couple of posts so you don't get too bored.
This first card sees the image stamped and embossed on to a couple of pieces of background paper from my stash. I have then decoupaged the Poinsettia and leaves and painted the side panel with distress inks and gelly roll glaze pens.
The resulting panel has been added to a card that I have stamped and embossed with versamark and clear embossing powder.  I have then painted the images with bleach, which in this case has turned the card a lovely bluey colour.
This second card has been created in a similar manner, but this time the main panel has been attached to a folded red card that has first been sprayed with Gold Spray Webbing. The gold border has been created with a strip of Woodware red Ultra High Bond Tape and some foil.
The panel in this card has been mounted on to a green card that has first been embellished with some left over bits of background paper.
The final card today finds the main panel  mounted onto some green Bazzil dotted Swiss card. I have added some stitching around the edge with a fine black pen.
I think that is enough for one post, I will try and share the rest tomorrow.
Have a good evening.
Hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    Yes I have this stamp too!! I love all your samples,especially the last one - those colours are just so lovely together.
    It feels like you are our 7th DT member!!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Kim. They are really putting me in a Christmassy mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful selection of cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx