Followers

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Cute Card Thursday - Reds for Rememberance

Hi All, hope you are having a good day.
The challenge over at Cute Card Thursday is Reds for Remembrance, so this card seemed eminently suitable.
I made it using a couple of stamps from the lovely new Hobby Art clear set CS044D Poppy Scene-it.
Jenny was using it on the TV yesterday. Well at least I think she did, but since C and C changed the title of the show after I had gone to work yesterday my sky box didn't tape it aaarrrgggggg.
I was in full ranting mode when I found out and sent them an e-mail. I await their reply with interest but am not holding my breathe.
The set is so new in fact, that it hasn't even made it's way on to the Hobby Art Website so I will have to take a picture of it and add it later.
I have stamped and embossed the poppies using versafine and clear embossing powder onto a piece of handmade background paper. I have then coloured them using Distress inks.
The panel has been cut out using a nestie and faux stitching has been added with a fine black pen.
Some matte and layering and a little more stitching and voi la.
Better post this now or I will have missed the challenge completely.
Hugs
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. beautiful card Kim!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    have a great day, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Kim as always. I saw the show and your card on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I was annoyed about the C&C show too. I got to see a little Jenny, but think I missed some too. Very annoying when they change the schedule at such short notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim
    Gorgeous card! I too, fell fowl of C&C Tv schedule, and I was so mad, spitting feathers, etc!
    So any cards you have created with the new sets would be lovely to see!
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Kim, I really like the bold colours. This probably sounds odd but the image reminds me of Moorcroft pottery, it sort of has a glazed look to it, it's a really nice effect.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx