Followers

Sunday 20 November 2011

A Gem of a Challenge 34 - a sketch

Evening Everyone
Just a quick post tonight to share another of the cards that I made using the new Hobby Art Poppy Scene it set.
For this card I have used the lovely sketch over at A Gem of a Challenge where they also want to see 'Stitching real or faux and a sentiment of your choice.'
I have used one of the smaller stamps in the set to create the piece of background paper which has been stamped and embossed with white powder and then sponged with distress ink. This technique is known as Embossed Resist.
This piece of background has been used to form the strip across the card as well as the panel to the left of the main image.
The main image has been stamped and embossed onto a piece of handmade background paper and painted with distress inks.
The main panel has been cut out using a circular nestie, and faux stitching added with a fine black pen.
The border punch is Martha Stewart and the greeting is also from another Hobby Art clear stamp set.
I've added a few black peel-off dots and a little glossy accents.
Oh boy the end of another weekend they seem to be flying by just lately.
Hope you have had a good one anyway.
Hugs to All
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    How are you, I finally picked up the extension lead on Saturday. I can't believe how many times I forgot, I truly have turned into a blonde!!!!!
    I now understand your comment about the woodware challenge, OMG how many cards have you posted I had to go into older posts to catch up, and all of them amazing.
    As always you rock :)
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx