Followers

Saturday 1 February 2014

Moody Blues

Evening Everyone,
I managed to make it to another fabulous afternoon at Davina's.
It really is totally amazing how much stuff I manage to take with me to class.
I had enlisted the Grandchildren to help me carry things as we thought that Sylvie, who gives me a lift, wouldn't be able to get up the road because of the flooding, so I would have to bring everything to meet her!!
As it turns out the 'Men from the Council' managed to clear the drains and most of the flood water subsided so Sylvie was able to meet me at my front door.
I decided that I would split today's class it into 3 parts since there were so many different techniques to show them using Embossing Folders.
Of course another technique that I had forgotten about features on my card this evening.
The tree panel has been created using a Dreamweaver Brass Stencil (I know its not a folder, but it still embosses) which I had spritzed with Adirondack Colourwash sprays.
I ran it through my Cuttlebug which transferred the ink to the card stock and gave me the dry embossed look. It also cleaned most of the ink from the stencil which was a bit of a result.
I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto the tree panel and then matt and layered it onto a card which I had stamped with various leaves.
Some Card Candi finishes the whole thing off.
I think I can see a part 4 to the embossing classes so that we can play with brass stencils as well.
What do you think Girls, are you up for an extra afternoon of play time?
Happy Crafting and hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at your cards Kim and I'm sure the ladies who come to class would love to learn this technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree panel - very effective

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx