Followers

Monday 10 February 2014

A view through the trees

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you have all had a good Monday, if there is such a thing that is lol.
I'm told that our little water fuelled drama actually made it into the national news as they have had to flood the pedestrian underpass in the next town in order to stop the nearby Water Treatment works from closing down.
In fact we were even visited by some MP, whose name escapes me, that's how useful his visit was !!
At the moment they are reviewing the situation on an hourly basis, but the word is that we could be under water for several weeks yet especially as the rain shows no sign of letting up.
Still, as I have said before there is always someone worse off than yourself and so my heart goes out to those people whose homes have been completely flooded. At least all I have to do is paddle to work which is very minor by comparison.
I had a rather successful January in the Christmas card department, I managed to finish 40 cards.
Yes I did say 40!!
I have made a concerted effort to use up bits and pieces, so after each class I have gone through my Christmas stash and finished off a few cards using the technique that I have just been teaching.
Some of the bits, as with these lovely chalked panels, have been in my box for more years than I care to remember.
They have all been made using a very old Penny Black stamp, versamark ink and decorating chalks.
I decided to keep the cards small and very simple so I just added a stamped and embossed greeting and a fine gold or silver border using a Krylon pen.
I very much doubt that I will make any where near as many cards this month, especially given that I haven't made one so far. Still at least this has given me a great head start on the year, and the drawer with all my Christmas bits in is ever so slightly easier to close.
Better get to bed now. At least it seems to have stopped raining for the moment.
Let's hope they get it wrong again with the mini cyclone and torrential rain that they have been forecasting for the last week or so. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. wow I thought I was doing well but I haven't reached 40 card yet. I do love these cards though. Stay safe and dry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx