Followers

Friday 21 June 2013

More bleach and a Disco

Hi All
I have been sitting in my Craft room playing, sorry, finishing my class prep :O) with the curtains open and I hadn't realised just how late it was.
I suppose it's all down hill from here given that today is the longest day of the year lol.
Tomorrow the girls and I will be playing with Bleach at Davina's, so I thought I would share one of the cards that I have made for the class.
I have used one of my all time favourite Hobby Art stamps designed from a sketch drawn by my friend Anna's Mum.
The background paper has been created by spritzing blue card stock with thin undiluted bleach.
Make sure you do this somewhere safe, like in the bottom of the bath or the shower. You never know someone might even think that you have actually been doing some cleaning instead of having fun :O)
The central image has been stamped and embossed onto black card stock and then painted with the bleach. This card didn't bleach terribly well so I added quite a lot to the petals and then heated it with a craft Heat Tool to intensify the effect.
The Grandchildren had a good time tonight as it was the school disco. Fortunately it is organised by age, but this does end up with a bit of a shuttle service going on throughout the evening.
Here are Saskia and Ciaran with their friend Kaitlin ready to go.
The little ones seemed to take forever to get ready, and there was much hairspray and gel as well as lippy involved. Oh to be 6 again when life is so simple.
The second shift involved Reece and Kaitlin's brother Ethan. A few years make all the difference, they wanted to stay outside and play football rather than get in the shower lol.
They all had a great time but came back bouncing off the walls after all of the sugar consumption. I'm glad I didn't have to get them to bed.
Speaking of which I had better make a move in that direction myself.
See you tomorrow.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. I shall look forward to making this card later today Kim. I love this stamp too. See you later!! Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are a cheery little soul!!!! All downhill from then, lol!

    I know what you mean, I actually dislike it intensely when we start to lose the light at night. I hate the dark winter evenings.

    Love this card, the bleached flowers are so effective. Also love that background.

    Great tip about doing it in the shower, then when I get it everywhere I can be useful as well.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx