Followers

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sorry Lin, it's the C word again lol

Evening Everyone,
And before you all think that I am being very rude, the C word in question is Christmas.
I'm saying it very quietly so as not to upset my good friend Lin, and numerous other acquaintances who will be squirming in their seats at the slightest mention of that certain season so early in the year.
Unfortunately most of the DT work that I have had to do just recently has been for Christmas so it has been hard for me to avoid it :O)
I have been trying very hard to finish off some of the vast quantity of 'bits' that seem to be accunulating after DT work, demos and classes.
With this in mind here is a card that I made using a  fabulous Flower Decoupage Stamp from Imagination Craft.
I love these stamp sets as they are so nice to use and they have several co-ordination smaller images as part of the set. And best of all they are very reasonably priced.
I think this particular set has to be one of my favourites, but then i am a sucker for Poinsettias. Stamped ones anyway, I always manage to kill the real thing lol.
I have coloured this image using a 'Wet Watercolour Technique and the Imagination Vintage Pearly Palette.
Unfortunately the photography doesn't do justice to the wonderful pearlescent finish that the paint gives to the image.
I also used some of the Mica Powders on the green and purple card stock.
The finishing touches included some Faux Stitching, a flower and some foliage.
I have managed to stay awake most afternoons this week, but I think that Mondays early start if finally catching up with me, so I'm off to bed.
I will get around to visiting some of you, but I won't make any promises as to when. So much to do, and so little time to do it in.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kim, love the colour combination.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colouring of this image is gorgeous. Love the rich colours you've chosen and how the different shades have come through. Lots of lovely detail on this card.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - the watercolouring on your poinsettia looks sensational!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - I love this card! Gorgeous colours. But can you tell me what the "wet watercolour" technique is, please?

    many thanks, Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, glad you liked the card.
      I am hoping to do a tutorial on the 'Wet Watercolour technique' at some point as soon as I get some time :O)
      Basically make the watercolour card quite wet with water and then 'drop' colour into it. Easier to explain with piccies which I will do as soon as I can.
      Hope this helps a little.
      Hugs Kimx

      Delete
  5. OMG you are forgiven as this is stunning!

    So vibrant and I have no idea what a wet watercolour technique is, but I am busting to find out if it makes cards look this good!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. The colours and lively and so pretty. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple and green together, so fab. Love the stamp too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx