Followers

Friday 12 June 2020

Classic Rose Bunch

Hello All,
Today is National Red Rose Day in the USA.
Both my Dad and maternal Grandma loved roses, in fact I still have one in a pot by my front door that my Dad gave me over 20 years ago. It is very straggly and I'm sure that it is in need of one of those rather drastic haircuts that we all could do with at the moment, but as I am absolutely rubbish with plants, I am quite frankly scared to do anything to it in case I kill it off, so I just leave it alone. Probably the wrong thing to do all together lol.
Here are a couple of cards using another of Jane Gill's stunning floral stamps JGS656 Classic Rose Bunch.

I used Distress Oxide inks to colour in the stamped and embossed image.
This card is very similar, just different background paper.

I added faux stitching and some 'rain drops'.
It's amazing how a different technique can give an image a completely different look.
Here I first covered the stamp with red and green dye based inks and then spritzed it with water before stamping it on to watercolour card stock.
Once the ink has dried I stamped again this time using black ink.
This technique definitely relies on the use of some sort of Stamping Platform to ensure that you stamp the image in exactly the same place.
We are hoping for our socially distanced get together tomorrow afternoon, so let's hope that it rains itself out today.
Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Gosh , Kim. Your two different looks from the same stamp both are so pretty. I can not pick a fave as they are equally lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx