Followers

Sunday 19 October 2014

Shadow Stamping with Hobby Art

Evening Everyone,
Have you had a good day? I have had a very enjoyable one finishing off the cards from my class yesterday.
As I told you my samples for the class consisted of a single sheet containing several card ideas, so I have spent the day finishing them off.
I added some faux stitching, tiny dots and a peel-off greeting to this panel.
This panel made using circular Penny Black shadow stamps is mounted onto some background paper from my stash. I also added some ribbon and pearls.
This panel has been coloured with Spectrum Noir pens and then mounted onto some background paper. The greeting has been added in a Woodware banner, and I also added some stitching and a few gems.
I added a greeting to this panel using the same colour inks and then layered it over some card from my stash. Some gems were the finishing touch to this card.
The background papers used here are also from my stash, and I added some Card Candi. faux stitching and tiny peel-off dots.
This panel was actually created in class as I showed the Ladies how to create the texture around the edge of the shadow stamp by gently tapping a second colour of ink all around the edge of the stamp.
I also ran this panel through my Cuttlebug using a swirly embossing folder, and then gently sponged it with ink and Gold Gilding Wax.
This card was made using one of the etched Shadow Stamps also available from Hobby Art.
I have always loved these stamps as they are so easy to use to create fabulous backgrounds.
I am pleased to say that they are still available from Hobby Art even though they don't currently feature on the website. All you need to do is contact Jenny and let her know what it is that you need and they will sort it out for you. Now that is what I call service lol.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, each one is beautiful and the shadow stamping is so effective. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kim - thanks for the inspiration.....will get my shadow stamps out of storage,,,,they are Hero Arts Stamps.....daren't work out how long I've had them. Stamping is becoming like your wardrobe......hang on to stuff and you'll either be vintage or way on trend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course mine didn't turn out quite so nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx