Followers

Saturday 25 October 2014

Zoo Keeper Edwin

Evening Everyone,
Sorry I have been absent for a few days, I'm trying to get myself psyched up for going back to work on Monday! It's not working!!
The good thing is that I only have to make it through till Thursday afternoon and then I am off on my bi-annual holiday to SirStampalot, and boy am I looking forward to that.
It will of course give me the opportunity to add to my crafty stash, not that I need much of an excuse, but it is amazing how a bit of retail therapy can cheer a person up lol.
This card was made for a friends son, and uses a Magnolia stamp 'Edwin as Zoo Keeper' purchased on my last visit to Sirstampalot.
I coloured Edwin with Distress Ink and mounted him over an oval of card from my stash.
The background panel is 'Bargello' made from strips of paper, and I added a die cut cloud and punched stars border.
All of the other elements (die cut grass, leaves, and stamped sentiment) were also found in my bits box.
So much for trying to get back to earlier nights so that I can get up a little earlier.
At least I will get an extra hour of playtime, I mean sleep :O), as the clocks go back tonight.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Kim! Love how you did the background, it looks like a basket weave! Edwin is adorable and I just love that star border! So creative girl! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card. I love the image and all your papers and embellishments go perfectly with the theme of the card. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx