Followers

Friday 2 March 2012

Barbara is back on the Box

Evening Everyone,
So it is all my fault that it has been much colder today. Well I did post Christmas cards yesterday after all, so it must be lol.
Sunday sees the wonderful Barbara Grey back on the TV.
Create and Craft Sky channel 671 at 1am - 2am / 9am -11am and then again from 2pm - 3pm.
What a way to spend your Sunday, wall to wall crafting.
This card was actually made for her show back in January, but I never got around to sharing it with you.
One of the lovely things with making cards for both Barbara and Jenny at Hobby Art is that I am given completely free rein when it comes to using product to create my little pieces of art.
Although obviously I try to use products that are going to be part of their show I am never criticised for using what ever I have at hand, which makes it so much easier.
With this in mind this particular sample uses some background that I made using the wonderful Moon Shadow inks available from The Stamp Man. They are little pots of mica and walnut ink combined so that you can create the most amazing pearlescent backgrounds.
My good friend Vixykins has a tutorial on her blog for creating these fabulous backgrounds, so do go and check it out.
Of course there was plenty of stamping and embossing involved.
I used Perspective Trees 1 and 2 and Dippy Toe which you can check out HERE.
Dippy Toe has been stamped and embossed on to a piece of Bazzil card stock and then painted with thin undiluted bleach. In this instance it has turned the card a lovely pink colour.
I opted for Vintage Sepia versafine ink for most of the stamping to complement the brown in the Moon Shadow inks.
As you may have noticed I am trying to blog every day this year.
2 months down only 10 more to go, I'm not sure that I will make it, but I'm going to have a damn good try.
Have a great weekend and Happy Crafting.
hugs
Kimx

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that background... and now I have to get some moon shadow inks to play with, too!

    I'm never going to be rich, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love today's card Kim, another masterpiece! The sepia tones of the Moonshadow inks always work so well with blue card and it's a brilliant background for Barbara's stamp images that you have used.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, what amazing papers, this is just so inspiring! (Though I'm several years behind, really, since I've only just bought alcohol inks to follow your instructions in your Rubber Stamping book and your gorgeous spotlight example.) it's yummie!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Kim, x Hugs Vick
    the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
    YT vixcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim this is fabulous ! I love the gorgeous background those colours are just amazing and they work so well with the fantastic images.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Kim, this is gorgeous!!! LOVE that background you created--and the metallic paper is smashing! :) LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card, i've just been watching barbara on C&C this morning. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx