Followers

Monday 26 March 2012

Memories in a File Folder

Evening Everyone
Hasn't the weather been glorious today.
I confess that I have done no crafting since I got home from my holiday at SirStampalot.
I think I was probably on craft overload and so I have taken a couple of days to just chill and tidy things up a little bit. I always take a couple of extra days off after my visits to Janice and Andy.
I thoroughly enjoy myself, but it doesn't hit me till a couple of days later just how tired I am.
Since I have made nothing new I will share with you the Mini File Folder book that I made in my last class on Friday evening.
Boy that seems such a long time ago now lol.
In truth I actually made this one in the shop on Saturday before I got the train home. The original one that I showed the girls belongs to my Mum who keeps it in her handbag, so it was not an option to leave it behind :)
This is made with the second largest of the file folders on the sheet. They are available from Woodware and come in packs (9 sheets in a pack 99 folders in total in several different sizes)
You need 3 individual pieces to make each little book, so there is plenty of scope for making several gifts from the one packet.
I used a wonderful stamp set from Hobby Art to stamp and emboss onto the folders before sponging with Distress inks.
The poppies and leaves have also been coloured using the same ink pads. Just tap some of the ink onto a craft sheet and pick it up with a water brush.
It is very difficult to photograph, but I hope that you get the idea.
I added  stitched borders using a fine black pen, and spritz the finished pages with Glimmer Mist.
I have one last day of my holiday left tomorrow, so I hope that I will be able to get some crafting done before it is back to the grind.
I had better get an earlier night tomorrow as well.
hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I hope that they all enjoyed the workshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kim! It is so pretty and different. Love the distressing and the poppies are beautiful.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx