Followers

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Woodware Challenge week 21 Blue Christmas

Evening Everyone
I'm having a seriously creatively challenged week I'm afraid and I can't help but feel like I'm letting loads of people down with my inactivity on the craft front.
Design work for Clarity just hasn't happened this month and now I've just been sitting staring at the stamps from Hobby Art instead of getting on and making cards. Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't like them its just that life seems to have got in the way and sapped my creative spirit.
It is a good job I have a huge drawer full of cards made over the years or people wouldn't be getting birthday cards this month.
As you know I always like to enter the challenge over at Woodware and so I looked through my Christmas cards to see if I had anything that might fit the bill this week where the challenge is 'Blue Christmas'. I did manage to find a couple of cards to share with you.
It's a shame I didn't know before or I could have entered the card that I posted for the challenge over at Stampendous where it is Clean and Simple.
The card above actually uses the same stamp Peace Window which has been stamped and embossed and then sponged with dye based inks. The dove has been painted with bleach. The background paper is handmade using black glossy card stock and pearlex acrylic paint.
The second card is made using a similar technique but this time I have used a Magenta stamp Christmas Stockings, dye based ink and some bleach.
This last card is predominately blue :) This time I have used the dye based inks and water coloured the image.
All the cards are quite small since they have been made using some of those little left over pieces from previous projects that we all seem to have a box full of lol.
I'm hoping that I will find my mojo tomorrow so that I can at least deliver a couple of cards to Jenny on Thursday. Unfortunately I still have to go to work so it is not looking too hopeful.
Hope you are having a better week than me.
Love and hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Well if you're 'creatively challenged', there's no hope for the rest of us! At least you do have a box full of delightful cards from which to choose. You'll get your Mojo back soon. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your not up to creating but I hope your mojo will reappear very soon. I love the effects you have created in your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx