Followers

Monday 3 October 2011

I've joined the Crafty Cardmakers DT

Afternoon Everyone
Well, call me mad if you will, but I have just joined the DT over at Crafty Cardmakers. It is only madness when I consider all of the extra work involved, not when I think about being being part of a wonderful group of crafty individuals.
For those of you who have never popped over to my blog before perhaps I should tell you a little bit about myself.
I am a self confessed stampaholic with a passion for all things card related.
I have been involved in card making since I met Maggie Wright at a craft show at Olympia in 1995. I was there to see the Cross stitch, I think we have all dabbled with that at one time or another, but I got hooked on Rubber Stamping, and the rest as they say is history.
I have been lucky enough to write two books and numerous magazine articles. I have demoed at a lot of the shows around the country and currently teach in Purley and occasionally in Peterboro at Sir Stampalot.
I am a DT member of the Clarity, Hobby Art and Imagination stamp companies and make cards for their TV shows as well as making samples for SirStampalot.
I don't do holidays, and so any holiday time that I do manage is spent sitting at a table in Peterboro in Janice and Andy's wonderful shop SirStampalot. It is a true Aladdin's cave and they have a fantastic web site so do check it out.
I live in Surrey with my two surviving children, 4 Grandchildren and my eldest daughters partner. Our little home really is a bit like a tardis, larger on the inside than it looks from the outside, although it needs to be with all the people living in it.
Believe it or not crafting is only my hobby as I work full time at the local BP Simply Foods petrol station which is fortunately only two minutes away from my house.
I think that that is quite enough about me, so before you switch off completely, or switch over to another blog here is the card that I am sharing with you as my first DT post at Crafty Cardmakers.
It was actually made for Barbara for her show on German TV last week, hence the greeting lol. I did do a Google translate just to make sure I wasn't swearing at anyone :)
I found the instructions for the background in an old magazine that I was flicking through, and it reminded me of the soot technique that I tried out many years ago.
First I covered a piece of glossy card stock with Tim Holtz Distress Stains Peeled Paint and Broken China. Once this is dry hold the card face down above a candle flame to apply a layer of soot. Take care not to touch it after it is done so as not to smudge the soot.
Next take a medium sized shadow stamp and stamp randomly over the sooted panel. This will remove the soot. The stamp will need cleaning with a baby wipe after every 2 or 3 images. Once you have done this over the entire panel stamp the Trees and Flock of Birds using a black Versafine ink pad. Emboss some of the images and then go back in and flat stamp some more trees.
Trim the panel to size and tap a versamark pad around the edge. Add gold embossing powder and heat.
The finished panel has been mounted onto green card stock as shown. Add a greeting and some Black self adhesive Mosaics from Woodware.
I hope you like the card, don't forget to join in the challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.
Happy Crafting
Love and hugs
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Well done to you, What fun we are going to have!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, welcome to the team. This is just fabulous. Maybe if I can sneak some candles off of DD I can have a try at this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, mad is what you are - but in a good way. Goodness, this is a master class card indeed. I'm not sure Mike would let me loose with candles in my new 'studio'. It's a smacshing card Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team!

    This is absolutely gorgeous - I said I was intrigued by the use of soot. Now I want to try it, but I'll have to wait until my oh isn't around or he'll think I'm trying to burn the house down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I am absolutely thrilled to have you on board! I see you had to go outdo me though and post a pic of your card three times!!! LMAO. I don't know how I doubled you up on the CCM blog but I have shrunk you back to one now. The way my head has been today it's a wonder I didn't make more mistakes.

    Can't wait to see what else you come up with

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx