Followers

Saturday 14 August 2010

Happy Birthday Ma, here's to many more......

Evening Everyone,
This week has been full of major milestones. As well as my Aunt and Uncles 60th Wedding Anniversary, my wonderful Mum is 80 on Sunday.
She may be an Older Lady, but she has certainly grasped technology better than her daughter.
She is always the first one to text me on any special occasion, my birthday, Christmas, New Year, much to the amazement of my work colleagues.
She also checks out my blog every morning.
This card was supposed to have been posted on Friday morning, at which point I would have had to get her to look away lol.
The reason for the early post was because I had made it to enter in the challenge over at The Stamp Man, where the challenge was Take Two Colours. Unfortunately I didn't get the post done in time so I decided that I would let Mum see the card in the flesh before I popped it on the blog.
I made it using a fabulous sketch that I found over at Inspirational Card Sketches.
I am also entering it at Stamp and Create where the challenge is flowers.
I think it qualifies on two counts given that it has handmade and shop bought flowers on it, as well as the main image being floral.
The main panel has been created using a Penny Black stamp and pigment inks. I have stamped and embossed the image using the little Cats Eye pigment ink pads and clear embossing powder. Once this has been heated I have 'huffed' on the stamp without reinking it and then I have stamped this repeatedly onto the panel to give this lovely multiple stamped effect.
I have used a couple of other Penny Black Butterfly, and mini Dragonfly stamps to finish the panel.
I am also entering this in to the challenge at Crafty Cardmakers, where the order of the day is Birthdays.
Today has ended up being a rather hectic one. I spent most of the day at Lavender Lane where I was demoing Brayers and Big and Juicy ink pads.
Thank you to all the lovely ladies who braved the lousy weather to come and spend time with us. It was wonderful to see you all, I hope you picked up plenty of tips and that you are happily playing with all your goodies.
After the Demo my daughter whisked me off to my Mum's birthday party. Unfortunately most of the guests had had to go home but it was great to catch up with family - it's one of the few times when we all manage to get together. It's a shame that the sun didn't shine as well earlier in the afternoon when my Bro was cooking the BBQ.
Must close now or I will be too tired to link the card to the relevant challenges.
Hope you have had a great day. thanks for stopping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Kim this card is fab. I am so loving the flower and the image that you have used for the sketch. Thank you for joining us at ICS this week. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    Fabulous colours on this one, right up my street.

    Hope those dots are'nt still giving you nightmares !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card was even better in the flesh. Mum must have been very pleased to receive it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and I love how you interpreted the torn edges of the sketch. Your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing with ICS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW stunning to say the least. Thank you for joining us at ICS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely - the colours look so rich and decadent!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Kim, you have such a way with colour x


    Thank You for playing at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning!! I so love all the distressing, the vellum, the colors, the stamped flowers and your dimensional flowers. So elegant. Thanks for joining the Stamp and Create flower challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx