Followers

Monday 30 August 2010

Inspired by a poem.

Evening Everyone
It is very rare, in fact virtually unheard of for me to make a card just because I want to. Everything seems always to be destined for a particular class or demo, or is made to send to a specific person.
Well all that changed as soon as I saw the challenge over at Tuesday Taggers - Inspired by a poem.
The poem I have used is very special to me. It was read by a very dear friend at my son Adam's funeral in January 2002.
When some years later I saw it as a stamp I just had to have it.
I think it is a beautiful poem anyway and have used it on several occasions, even once in a magazine article on Sympathy cards (Craft Stamper)
As it would have been Adam's 29th birthday tomorrow it seems strangely appropriate to make this my post this evening.
I would also like to enter the Stampin for the Weekend challenge where Anything Goes.
I have made the main panel with Penny Black 4102K Snow Dust available over at Sir Stampalot.
I stamped it with versamark ink and then sponged distress inks over it. The poem has been stamped onto vellum which has been attached to the card using Woodware Miracle Adhesive film. This stuff really is magic. It is absolutely the best thing I have found for using with vellum.
The main card has also had Snow Dust stamped onto it only this time I embossed it with white powder.
Sponging distress inks onto it makes the images 'Pop'.
I have to admit that I actually made two cards, so I will share the second one with you as well.
The main panel was made in the same way, only this time I stamped and embossed the poem directly on to it.
I will actually let you into a little secret. The vellum on the first card was actually used to hide the fact that I didn't stamp very well but didn't want to waste the panel.
Remember 'It's never a mistake it's always an opportunity', you taught me well Julie Hickey lol.
I used one of my Nesties and then 'stitched' around the edge with a fine black pen. This seems to be my favourite finishing touch at the moment.
On this card I mounted the main panel onto some Bazzill Swiss Dots card and strips of background paper.
The final touches were some Magnolia flowers, and a couple that I made myself, and some punched leaves.
I think the first card is my favourite of the two, but as it was difficult to choose I decided that I wouldn't even try.
Tomorrow will be difficult, as it always has been over the last few years, but I will keep busy and remember all the good times.
I hope you have All had a good Bank Holiday. Ours has been spent washing. The family are back from their holidays and so the house resembles a Chinese laundry at the moment with washing hanging from any available place. Where is all the sunshine when you want it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Love and hugs
Kimx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards thank you for sharing them with us at TT. Tomorrow must be a bitter sweet day for you hopefully these cards will bring you some comfort. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!Love both of these cards very much and the poem is just lovely.
    Special thoughts to you Kim and your family.x

    The trees just wanted to come home with me too today and a milk churn stamp(no moo cow just yet).

    take care,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again,thanks for the comment-Craft Stamper.
    Was so excited and nervous at the same time.
    thanks again,Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are stunning and that poem is also one of my favourites.
    I shall think of you tomorrow...time is a great healer but on 'special' days i know you still feel the the awful pain.
    God bless... thanks for sharing these beautiful cards with us at Tuesday taggers.
    love lynx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi kim x So pleased we at TT inspired you to make a project just because you wanted to and what a beautiful poem too. Your cards are both gorgeous - thinking of you tomorrow x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, saw you making this at the shop. Its beautiful. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous kim. I love the tree stamps. just perfect
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI kim, thinking of you. hugs chris
    fabulous card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim. Just come back to Blogland after a short absence. I was moved to read your post and I hope the day wasn't too sad for you. The cards are beautiful and very special for you.
    Will you be doing Chinese takeaway too? If so, I'll have spare ribs, chips and peas please x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx