Followers

Sunday 1 August 2010

Christmas in July

Evening Everyone.
Well at least I'm not sleeping on the floor any more, but the saga of Sky is far from over. I seem to have spent most of the weekend waiting for the box to switch back on again and so far I have failed miserably.
So we will move on to more successful endeavours - some cards.
After refilling the units in my room (the reason for my two rather uncomfortable nights on the floor), I have spent what was left of the weekend making Christmas cards for Barbara's next TV show on Sunday 8th August 11am Create and Craft channel 671.
I have had a great time making cards with one of the new stamp sets that she has designed. Unfortunately I am sworn to secrecy over them until they air next week so I thought that I would make an extra card that I could share with you.
I've really got into this challenge lark, it is so helpful when you have several cards to make.
I have made the card using a sketch over at Inspirational Card Sketches.
It is a very useful sketch and one I can see myself using over and over again. Thanks Guys.
It gave me the chance to use my new Poinsettia Creatables LR0121 which I bought on Wednesday evening at Davina's. I used them with my Cuttlebug and a Nestie to make the small shaped card.
I've added a greeting from Hobby Art GR01B and some additional small flowers. The leaves are made with another Creatable, but I'm afraid that I've had it for a while so no info on code numbers. Sorry :)
I am also entering this in to the challenge over at Tuesday Taggers.
The challenge there is Christmas in July. Well, it was July when I made the card lol.
I can see that i am going to have to make a box for it, so I had better get that done before I get to bed or else it will become another of those cards that end up in the 'To be finished' drawer. The trouble is they never do get finished do they!!!
Anyway better get on to that box.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have had a good weekend.
Love and hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. fabulously festive card! and what a great take on the sketch xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great flower, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Kim, my favorite colours together,
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx