Followers

Thursday 12 August 2010

Dazzling Diamonds

Evening Everyone
Today had been a very special day for two lovely people, and it's a milestone day which not many people make it to in this day and age.
My Aunt and Uncle celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary. 60 years of marriage, I think that definitely deserves Congratulations. Of course given the nature of the milestone reached I felt the card just had to have plenty of bling - eat your heart out Liz Taylor.
I'm afraid real diamonds were seriously out of the question but I managed a few of the next best thing, hot fix crystals.
I've used a sketch over at Sketch Saturday. I'm afraid that I couldn't afford to add crystals all around the circle so I did cheat a little bit and use tiny holographic peel-off dots to which I have added a small drop of Glossy Accents and voila excellent fake diamonds.
Perhaps the post title should actually be Cubic Zirconium but it doesn't have quite the same ring does it lol.
The stamps are by Penny Black and as the Challenge over at Penny Black and Allsorts is Glitter and Glitz I just had to enter.
I see that they are also looking for new DT members so maybe I will try out for it, you never know.
Anyway, I must go now as I have another special card to finish, but more of that tomorrow.
It's really quite here as Jenni and the children are away on holiday. Unfortunately Jason can't join them until next week so he is trying to get on with some of those little jobs around the house that are difficult to do with little people around.
We thought we might have a curry tonight so we don't have to cook, but don't tell everyone :)
By the way while we are talking diamonds I have once again been asked to join the Dazzling Diamonds team at their Stamperama in October. Check out the poster at the side of the blog. Well you could check it out if I could work out how to put it there. HELP Shaz!!!!!!!!!!!!.
The last one was fantastic and I am sure that this one will be even better, for starters you get a copy of the new Stampin Up catalogue which launches that week.
I look forward to seeing some of you there maybe.
Have a good evening.
Love Kimx

8 comments:

  1. The faux diamonds look fab and I would never have guessed, and the image looks fab too!

    Thanks for playing at PB@A

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, a gorgeous card, just perfect for such wonderful occassion
    Thanks for joining Penny Black @ ALLSORTS this month, good luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim

    It certainly is a milestone anniversary, one my parent reached.

    A lovely card and I am sure your Aunt and Uncle will treasure it.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gorgeous card, well done on the improvised gems :o) Congrats to the happy couple too, wonder what their secret is?

    thanks for glitzing it up for Penny Black @ Allosrts and good luck in the draw :o)

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and deservedly so for such a special occassion. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card loving the glitz...z

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge this week hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner, great idea on the diamonds :D. If you're ever looking for a team you're always welcome on ours ya know!

    I found an old old website (2003-2007ish) of mine and I'm stalking you on there too haha! http://www.btinternet.com/~brkennedy/vixcards/

    Look under new designs! Spelt your name wrong though soz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the offer Vix I will give it some serious thought.
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx