Followers

Monday 1 June 2020

Wedding Challenge at CCM

Afternoon Everyone,
We have another challenge starting today over at CCM...……..Wedding.
I have a good friend who makes the most exquisite Grovvi cards. She has just spent ages making 3 wedding cards for August this year, only to have them cancelled until next year due to Covid 19.
Not a problem you might think, except that they all have the date lovingly woven into the design!!
We have been trying to come up with ways to disguise this so that she doesn't have to start all over again, including adding the new date on a banner since they will forever be reminded of a very strange year in their marital history.
With all of this in mind I decided that the card that I need to make for a family wedding will be fairly simple, with the option to add a date later. Not because of the work involved, but so that I don't get caught out lol.
After much deliberation I decided on this beautiful Rose Spray from a Crafters Companion Decoupage Pad for my card.
I bought it with the co-ordinating die and once cut out I layered it over a Sue Wilson fancy background panel, die cut from pale gold card stock.
Each sheet in the pad contains several layers for the roses and leaves to allow for decoupage.
The background to the card was created using an Altenew background stamp and platinum embossing powder.
I felt that the sentiments, also from Altenew, were the perfect compliment to the card made for an older couple getting married later in the year, Covid 19 willing that is.
I also found this card that I made a while ago which would work well as a wedding card I think.
I hope that you will find the time to join in with our challenge this time. Please check out what my Teamies have been up to, there are some real beauties there.
Stay safe and well.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning wedding card Kim. Love the design. Have a crafty week. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx