Followers

Saturday 23 January 2016

Handmade Embellishments

Morning Everyone,
It's my turn to 'Create Embellishments' for the Woodware blog.
I love making flowers so it was a bit of a no-brainer when it came to choosing what I was going to make as my embellishments.
They can be a little bit time consuming and require a bit of work, but the beauty of them is that you can make them in what ever colour or style you like to suit your chosen project.
No more searching through a drawer full of flowers to find that they are all the wrong colour for what you want.
Once again I looked on Pinterest for inspiration, of which there was plenty, and settled on these shabby flowers created using several different sizes of scalloped punch and some pages out of an old poetry book.
You will find a link to the flower tutorial HERE although I did adapt it slightly.
I also used a leafy Dreamweaver die to create the background to the card.
Or at least I used the leftover kraft card after I had die cut the leaves from it.
This was also an idea that I got on Pinterest (HERE).
I added some faux stitching around the edge of the kraft panel and also a few dots of platinum glitter glue.
I hope you have enjoyed our posts this week, why not check out what the rest of the team have been up to.
Have a great weekend.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx