Followers

Sunday 1 July 2012

Birthday blooms for Mandy

Evening Everyone.
I hope that you have all had a wonderfully relaxing weekend, or have you been catching up with all of those things that you don't manage during the week like the rest of us lol.
I have been enjoying a quiet house as the family are all on holiday. 
If I'm honest I do prefer some noise going on around me, but it is nice to be able to lay things out on the dining table and not have to put them away, so my crafting area has expanded while I have the chance.
My card tonight was made for Lorraine to give to her friend Mandy. I'm sorry that the picture is not very good, it really doen't show it at its best even if I do say so myself.
Easel cards are always so hard to photograph aren't they!
The main panel has been created using one of the Hobby Art sentiments from the Birthday Collection.
This is one of my favourite sentiment stamps at the moment.
The flowers have been added using the Embossed Resist technique, Versamagic inks and a lovely floral stamp set from Stampendous called Scripty Stems.
The butterfly has been cut using a Cheery Lynn die. Of course I added a little colour and some glitter.
Lorraine wanted her friends name added to the front of the card, and a little bit of bling so I added some ribbon and a diamante slider.
I would like to enter it in to the following challenges
Crafts and Me - Challenge 90 Birthdays
Allsorts Challenge  - In Bloom
The ABC Challenge - S for Surprise (Show us your best)
Penny Black and More  - Summer Blooms
Crafty Calender challenge - Flowers in Bloom
Off to bed now, and back to work tomorrow :O(
Hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant and beautiful card Kim. It has a magical look to it and I love the colour palette. Lovely precise inking and a joy to look at.
    Thank you for joining us at penny Black and More this month.
    Good luck in our prize draw and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card as always. Think the butterfly just adds that finishing touch. On a technical note, what recipe do you use for your cheery lynn dies with the cuttlebug. I have one and i'm struggling to get it right. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the usual sandwich for die cutting using a cuttlebug but I have also got a thin metal shim which I use with it. I can't remember who makes it (I always throw away all the packaging!!) but I got it from Davina at Stampcraft so I'm sure that she would be able to tell you if you contacted her. (link in my side bar)
    Hope this helps.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness...this is so lovely!
    what a beautiful project!
    the colors and layering and details...really something!
    thanks so so much for sharing this with us at ABC!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, This is beautiful ♥
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. Love the blooms. Thank you for joining in over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck with the prize draws x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning, I love all the fabulous details.
    Thanks so much for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx