Followers

Saturday 23 June 2012

It didn't beat me this time Mynnette!!!

Evening Everyone.
I hope that you have been having a wonderful weekend despite the dreadful weather.
It is really not very summery here at all, although at least we haven't had as much rain today just plenty of wind.
Today I have been teaching at Davina's.
My class was inspired by the lovely Mynnette's first Technique Tuesday challenge 'Punched Window Cards', so it is very appropriate that my card tonight has been inspired by the new challenge this month 'Faux Pressed Flowers'.
The technique didn't beat me this time Mynnette, I love it lol.
I made this using some of the numerous Prima paper flowers that I have in my stash, don't we all :), as well as punched leaves.
I must be very sad as I have a small box full of leaves that I have punched out of scraps at various times, always useful when finishing off a card, and perfect for this one. It saved me so much time.
I followed Mynnettes instructions but also took inspiration from some of the other cards that have been entered into the challenge.
Why not give it a try, it is very easy and I think you will agree that it is also very effective.
The greeting is taken from a new Hobby Art clear stamp set that Jenny will be taking on to the TV next week, as is the lovely fine swirl around the edge.
I took the card with me to class today and the girls liked it so much that we are going to do it in class at the end of July, so thanks again Mynnette.
Better get to bed now, I have another busy day of crafting ahead of me. It's a hard life isn't it.
Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim....

    Thank you for offering to guest DT for us... that's really lovely of you!!

    I have pencilled you in to do this on 25th July? I am still working on the questions so will be back in touch regarding htese shortly..

    More info coming soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing, Kim!!! LOVE your flower bunch--this is really gorgeous! The button centers are perfect and I LOVE the sentiment down the side! LOVE it! :) Thanks for linking up with Technique Tuesday and I hope your class goes well! :) I'm honored that you are using my techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Kim. You have definitely nailed this technique and I love your take on it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Kim this is gorgeous, beautifully crafted and the technique is fabulous love it !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx